👉 Backend Develop(st)er
Backend developer - Import pipeline at Decodata - Amsterdam
Decodata is the first furniture data-management solution. At Decodata we understand the world of furniture products. From first hand experience, we know how challenging the processing and managing of existing and new collections can be. Therefore, we developed a solution that automates most of the current manual labor. We love data, we fill our data lake with furniture product specifications and images. Our mission: Disrupt by creating structure.
Decodata is expanding and looking for a backend developer to expand our Python fueled data import pipeline. As the shift from offline furniture purchases to online purchases is accelerating, we make furniture data (i.e. specifications, purchase prices and images) from all sorts of furniture brands available to (online) retailers through our SaaS platform. This allows retailers to process new products and update collections for their customers in a matter of minutes, instead of the usual months of manual work. This results in growth in revenue, while saving costs.
You will work together with our lead engineer and a team of interns to expand and improve the import pipeline, which is written in Python and runs on AWS. Our Decodata CLI for imports allows developers to easily write code to import furniture data. With more brands being on-boarded every month we need to extend the import pipeline and allow multiple developers to contribute code to our import pipeline independently. You will be involved in the architecture and implementation of all upcoming features.
We’re looking for somebody who is interested in improving stability, expanding the feature set and increasing developer convenience of the import pipeline and its CLI, as well as guiding our interns and the annotation team to make sure the data that we offer our customers is of the highest quality.
Our company has adopted the ‘working backwards’ methodology from Amazon, which creates clarity for everyone involved. By creating a Press Release (PR) with content and features that are validated by the market, our customers and our team. We only build things that truly matter and prioritize accordingly. This way of working drives innovation week after week and keeps us extremely agile to stay focused on the next milestone.
What we expect or would like to see from you
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent, relevant working experience.
- Experience with Python or the ability to pick up the language quickly.
- Experience with automated testing: unit-, integration- and end-to-end-testing.
- A set and forget mentality. Let’s automate as many repetitive tasks as possible.
- Eager to learn new technologies.
- Excited to take part in validation and exploration of new features with customers and prospects.
- You’re not afraid to step out of your comfort zone.
- Pre: Experience running code and designing applications in cloud platforms. We use AWS but experience with GCP, Azure, or any other big cloud platform is just as welcome.
About our product and tech stack
We like to keep it light and blazingly fast! Our tech stack runs entirely on Amazon Web Services. Below you will find a list of our main components.
- Main backend language: Python.
- Infrastructure as Code, using the CDK written in TypeScript.
- Amazon Web Services:
- API Gateway
What you can expect from us
- This role is located in Amsterdam and is fulltime.
- We understand that balance between your private and business life is key, we let you be the judge of that balance.
- You will have the chance to grow our company into a full blown leader in this new and exciting space while the market is growing rapidly.
- A competitive salary.
- Our company, investors and advisory board have a healthy female/male balance.
- A good balance between working from home and having a place to socialize in our office from time to time.
- And of course… Cake, lots of cake. What kind of cake would you like?
Do you have questions? Or are you so sure this is a perfect fit, you want to apply right away? Contact us by emailing to email@example.com, please include your CV and cover letter in this email.