👉 Data Stagiair(e)
Internship data specialist
As the data specialist at Decodata you have a central position within the Decodata team. Decodata is the world’s first furniture data SaaS solution. Our mission is to provide structured furniture data in a format that helps an online retailer enrich their shop within a matter of minutes, instead of weeks. Often furniture brands send out unstructured files to its retailers, like PDF’s. For an online retailer this means a lot of manual work copy-pasting specs. In order to eliminate all this manual work, we structure this data for the retailer.
Product data is the lifeblood of Decodata. You will write data processing scripts in Python, to make sure the product data from brands flows into our product database. We also need some help with the systems that validates that every step of our data ingestion went well and verifies that the data we offer to our customers is of high quality. This means you work closely with various team members. You get the chance to learn a lot and be part of the first furniture data management solution in the world! Sounds exciting, right? Trust us, it is.
What are you gonna do?
- You will work closely together with our software engineer on annotation projects.
- You will have contact with online retailers and/or brands about their data structure.
- You will receive data from online retailers and/or brands and will import this in our data lake.
- You will get to know all about AWS and how we use their services for data QA.
Who are you? Or let’s say: what is the list of preferred skills?
- It’s a pre if you have experience writing data processing scripts (we use Python) or are willing to learn.
- You have at least HBO professional and intellectual capabilities.
- You are in your 3rd year or higher.
- Prioritizing is a word you understand and know how to do.
- You are eager to learn and self-reliant.
- Working remote & at the office when allowed from MP Rutte.
What do we offer?
We offer a fun, versatile position within a young and dynamic company with plenty of room for your own initiative. At Decodata you work in a friendly, flexible and informal working environment and you have a high degree of independence. We support working from home, especially in these times. However, it is possible to come into the office for a few days a week too. We have enough space and have taken safety measures to ensure a clean, healthy and safe workspace. If we’re in the office, you can count on surprises: nice lunches, delicious snacks and perhaps even a visit from the office dog that belongs to one of the other companies on our floor! The open-minded team consists of people from different backgrounds and expertises that enjoy working together on our new and exciting product. In addition, we love cake in all ways, shapes and forms. And don’t worry: we are willing to share! Lastly, let’s talk about money: we offer internship compensation.
Do you have questions? Or are you so sure this is a perfect fit, you want to apply right away? Contact us by emailing to email@example.com, please include your CV and cover letter in this email.