Decodata is expanding and looking for a software engineer. As the shift from offline furniture purchases to online purchases is accelerating, we make furniture data (i.e. specifications, purchase prices and images) from all sorts of furniture brands available to (online) retailers through our SaaS platform. This allows retailers to process new products and update collections for their customers in a matter of minutes, instead of the usual months of manual work. This results in growth in revenue, while saving costs.
We’re looking for somebody who is interested in improving the import pipeline and its CLI and/or wants to work on improving the stability and expanding the feature set of our APIs. If you like you can also guide our interns and the annotation team to make sure the data that we offer our customers is of the highest quality.
You will work together with the team to improve our SaaS platform, which is written in Python and runs on AWS. Our Decodata CLI for imports allows developers to easily write code to import furniture data. With more brands being on-boarded every month we need to extend the import pipeline and allow multiple developers to contribute code to our import pipeline independently. You will be involved in the architecture and implementation of all upcoming features.
Our company has adopted the ‘working backwards’ methodology from Amazon, which creates clarity for everyone involved. By creating a Press Release (PR) with content and features that are validated by the market, our customers and our team. We only build things that truly matter and prioritize accordingly. This way of working drives innovation week after week and keeps us extremely agile to stay focused on the next milestone.
You bring the following:
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent and relevant working experience.
- At least 3 to 5 years relevant working experience.
- Experience with Python or the ability to pick up the language quickly.
- Experience with automated testing: unit-, integration- and end-to-end-testing.
- A set and forget mentality. Let’s automate as many repetitive tasks as possible.
- Eager to learn new technologies.
- Excited to take part in validation and exploration of new features with customers and prospects.
- You’re not afraid to step out of your comfort zone.
- Pre: Experience running code and designing applications in cloud platforms. We use AWS but experience with GCP, Azure or any other big cloud platform is just as welcome.
- Pre: Experience with AI/ML data automation.
About our product and tech stack
We like to keep it light and blazingly fast! Our tech stack runs entirely on Amazon Web Services. Below you will find a list of our main components:
- Main backend language: Python.
- Infrastructure as Code, using the CDK written in TypeScript.
- Amazon Web Services:
- API Gateway
What you can expect from us
- The job is available for 32 to 40 hours per week.
- At this working hybrid is important, meaning working from the office in Amstelveen two days per week.
- You will have the opportunity to grow our company into a full-fledged leader in this new and dynamic niche.
- A competitive salary and resources to develop yourself.
- Our company, investors and advisory board have a healthy gender balance.
- We all work hybrid. We value a good balance between working from home and having fun in the office. Did I mention a football table and get-togethers?
- As a start-up, we get things done as a team, working together is key.
Decodata is the first furniture data-management solution. At Decodata we understand the world of furniture products. From first-hand experience, we know how challenging the processing and managing of existing and new collections can be. Therefore, we developed a solution that automates most of the current manual labor. We love data, we fill our data lake with furniture product specifications and images. Our mission: Disrupt by creating structure..
Press the 'solliciteer nu' button or contact us by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include your CV and cover letter in this email. For questions please contact Natasja, HR lead, via email@example.com.